Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hoffmaster State Park

Chris and I headed off for a day trip to Hoffmaster State Park this last weekend. It was pretty cool! The skies were slightly misty and there was hardly any wind on the beach - it was actually a little unsettling. It felt like in movies when a character almost dies but instead he is in a sort of limbo where he realizes he doesn't want to die yet. I'm thinking of Harry Potter of course.

This was in between the golf course parking lot we parked in to save ourselves $8 and the park.



Running down the dune face

kayaker 

Chris was playing paparazzi


View to the lake from something labeled a mountain (scoff!)
I'm really missing real mountains, though.

In other news, three weeks until I get to visit my family in Texas. That means three whole days off! Speaking of days off - soon I will not have to go to my silly night job anymore, and then I'll be able to cook real meals and eat them at home again!

And speaking of my night job, here's what I do, and pretty much how I feel about it:
Inside the multi-million dollar essay-scoring business

2 comments:

  1. Howdy,

    Really enjoyed your PCT blog, and the recent posts from western MI have been cool as well (Michigan native here, although currently via NC). Anyway, I'd love to pick your brain a bit about your PCT trip - I'm contemplating a thru in 2013. Is there an email or something I could reach you folks at to ask some questions about your trip? Thanks and keep up the good work on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, Nate! it's hillary.schwirtlich@gmail.com. Feel free to ask anything and expect a long answer, because I get a little carried away. :)

    ReplyDelete