Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 28 - Kick Off

Starting point: hauser creek
Ending point: lake morena
Daily miles: 11
Trip miles: 26.3


Another beautiful day. The weather is awesome - not a cloud in the sky and warm and sunny. We woke up, hung out with people we camped with, then headed up the hill to Lake Morena. No snakes today, just some up!

When we got to Lake Morena at about 10, we spent the morning lounging around and meeting people, then grabbed a ride from Molasses at the next campsite over who helping out her boyfriend, Jackass, but not hiking this year. She drove us up to Boulder Oaks campground and slackpacked back up (meaning hiked without our packs) back to Lake Morena. We were really peppy at first, playing squirt guns and bubbles frolicking and having fun, but we only brought water and no food so by the end of it I was SO hungry. Not going to do that again.

One thing that surprises me is how fond I feel of my feet. They're what makes or breaks this trip so every hour I stop and take my shoes off and give them a break. no blisters so far, which isn't the case for most. Just sore muscles.

Well I have to shower (like Chris is doing right now) and then go watch a movie. We're really roughing it here. :)

1 comment: