Thursday, April 21, 2011

!!!!!!!!!

A week from right now, we will be sleeping out our first night on the Pacific Crest Trail. İnşallah, we will be sleeping feet away from our friends Wayne and Katie.

I can't comprehend that fact. We've been planning this for more than a year, never spending more than a few hours not thinking or talking about the trail, and in less than a week, the waiting and planning will be over. I'll need to keep a running tally of unmet/exceeded expectations, because as much as we've talked and read about it, we really won't know much about thru-hiking until we've done it.

Two more days of drilling wells in drought-ridden south Texas. Although it does look nice here with all the pecan trees leafed out, and I love getting to spend most of the day in the woods, I'll be ready to go. It's been nice being so close to my family, though.

Speaking of family, my sister just made cheerleader at my old high school last Friday. She's never cheered before, and beat out some of last year's cheerleaders for a very coveted spot. I'm so freaking proud of her! And not at all surprised.

And I took the GRE last weekend! I really must have been lucky on the guessing. I'm really just glad to be done with the studying. And happy to have a score that is an asset and not something I have to mitigate on a grad school application.

Sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment