Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mailing Addresses

Hey all!

I've been asked by a few people if we're going to have addresses for people to send us letters and/or care packages along the trail. We've finally got that set up, so here is a list of some of the easiest places to send us packages. I also included an arrival date - so if you want us to receive your package, make sure it gets there by that arrival date! Use USPS, it's more likely to be accepted where you're sending it. Also, use my name, because there are a million Chris Clarks in the world, but as far as I know, only one Hillary Schwirtlich. :P

If you do send us things, be aware that we are trying to carry as little as possible. So please don't send us trinkets or gear or anything that isn't food, really. Please no canned food. Stuff we get sent will be sent home, and canned food will either be eaten at the site or put in a hiker box for other hikers, but it's more hassle than it's worth. We like cookies! And brownies! And trail mix! And happy notes with your handwriting!

Arrival Date: May 7
Hillary Schwirtlich
General Delivery
Warner Springs, CA 92086

Arrival Date: May 19
Hillary Schwirtlich
General Delivery
Big Bear City, CA 92314

Arrival Date: May 28
Hillary Schwirtlich
c/o The Saufleys
11861 Darling Road
Agua Dulce, CA 91390

Arrival Date: June 13
Hillary Schwirtlich
c/o Kennedy Meadows General Store
96740 Beach Meadow Road
Inyokern, CA 93527

Arrival Date: July 14
Hillary Schwirtlich
General Delivery
Sierra City, CA 96125

Arrival Date: August 10
Hillary Schwirtlich
General Delivery 
Ashland, OR 97520

Arrival Date: August 21
Hillary Schwirtlich
General Delivery 
Sister, OR 97759

Arrival Date: August 29
Hillary Schwirtlich
General Delivery
Cascade Locks, OR 97014

Arrival Date: September 19
Hillary Schwirtlich
General Delivery
Stehekin, WA 98852

Hooray, only two days til we leave! Happy Easter!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chris and Hillary. I'm SunWalker from the PCT class of 2007. I just found your site via another '11 hopeful. I've settled down for the moment so I get my jollies reading others' blogs as they migrate north. Just thought I'd let you know you have a new regular reader. Good luck out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SunWalker! That's so nice to hear - I was wondering if any thru-hikers would find this thing, since it's not on trailjournals or postholer. I hope you like the blog!

    Who was the other '11 hopeful, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was http://pct.thehikeguy.com/ but WanderingDot also has list of hikers she's following. I have small team of RSS feeds to follow now. I almost feel like I could have one of those war-time maps and people with long sticks to move the hiker markers when we get an update on your location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you! I hope you guys stay safe on the trail! I keep picturing myself driving along the trail in my Cube, shouting words of encouragement. I should have given you some military rations before ya'll left! Yummy! Hahaha, I'll keep track of you through your blog and I hope when you guys are done in September, you can come by and see my spawn! Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete