Friday, June 24, 2011

June 18 - Beginning of The Snow

End: Chicken Spring Lake
Daily: 14.5
Total: 750.8

The first 5 miles of today flew past, which is good because the rest of it took forever. The first 5 were on flat, snow free ground. The rest of it was uphill land on snow. We still got where we wanted to go by 4 pm, though. Which is a good time to stop in the Sierra.

We got lost two times today. Both times were because the snow covered the trail, so we couldn't tell where it was so we followed the bootpack into meadows where the snow ended but there was no trail. Once I ended up ankle deep in muck. Meh.

My knee has been bothering me a lot too. It comes and goes. There's no rhyme or reason to it. And when it hurts I go really slow. I hope it goes away.

Anyway, by the time we got to camp, Chris and I were really tired. Our dinner was huge, too, so now we are in giant food comas. Big day tomorrow, hopefully.

Oh, Chris wants everyone to know that lost is a harsh word. We only "temporarily misplaced the trail". And he's right. We always knew where we were, we just didn't know which random contour line the traili decided to stick to.

No comments:

Post a Comment