Friday, July 22, 2011

July 15

End: on a knoll between two gullies
Daily: 15
Total: 1056

Today was beautiful in many different ways. First, there was relatively less snow (though by no means does that mean there was little snow), we got to walk through fields of flowers and lakes and meadows and waterfalls and cliffs and weird rock formations. The flowers and constant smell of mint really put me in a good mood.

Then when we got to Ebbetts Pass, where we expected to wait until three to meet Chris's mom and Rich, there was a tent set up and Doug Tow asked me if I wanted eggs and chili. YES! There was tons of magic there, and then Mr. and Mrs. Rockwood pulled up 30 minutes later (we were there at 12:30) with our food and fresh fruit and vegetables, which was the only thing Doug had just a little of. Awesome! I had been happy too because I knew we were going to see them.

We chatted for a couple of hours before they had to go. They took Hikeaholic with them, who had flipped up and was hiking southbound, but was going to South Lake Tahoe to get back to Kennedy Meadows to hike northbound. He said there was less snow north, but still a lot. Not surprising news.

I was a little sad that I didn't get cell service to call and see how my dog has been doing (she'd been sick and she's like 12, so I'm worried). A few more days...

Then we took off at around four, and hiked a few more gorgeous miles. Chris and I are in no hurry to get to South Lake Tahoe, so we stopped before everyone else.

It's a cold night. Hopefully a warm morning and less snow tomorrow.

Today, parts of the scenery looked like what I imagine the Highlands of Scotland look like.

Homemade bread for breakfast tomorrow, from chris's Grandpa. Thanks, Grandpa Remtma.

No comments:

Post a Comment