Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April 30

Starting point: boulder oak cg
Ending point: fred cyn rd
Daily miles: 7
Total miles: 33

Today was more kick off stuff (fun!) and then packing up and getting out of there. We got off to a later start than we wanted, but we got to avoid the heat of the day by night hiking up to Fred Canyon Road. We got up thirteen hundred feet or so and the lights twinkling in the cities below was really pretty. The night sky was gorgeous too. I'm not big on night hiking but that wasn't bad.

Update the next day: last night went horribly. We set our tent up in a trailhead, so we were picking up glass from our tent pad. We set up the tent but in the middle of the night the wind picked up and my trekking pole (it holds up part of the tent) broke. Chris fixed it with duct tape and then the stitching on the corner of the tent broke and pulled lose. Chris fixed that too... since I slept through both of those incidents. Then I finally woke up because the other trekking pole was blown onto me.  So Chris put the tent stake back in while I held the tent up.

We set up the tent better today (in relation to the wind direction).

No comments:

Post a Comment