Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 8 - Pines to Palms Highway/ Paradise Cafe


Starting point: 131.5
Ending point: pines to palms hwy
Daily miles: 20.4
Total miles: 151.9


Happy Mothers Day! Sorry I didn't get to call today, Mom. I will as soon as I get cell service, so you'll probably hear from me before you read this, but I know you got my card. I miss you!
Today was loooooong. We only meant to do like 14 miles but when we got to within a mile of our proposed stopping point, we realized it was only 1:30 and we could make it to the Paradise Cafe for burgers, but it would mean a twenty mile day. We ended up making it (amazing what the promise of burgers and beer will bring out of us). My feet hurt like hell today. I was feeling pretty crazy by the end of it, the way only hiking the more than your mind or body are ready for can.
Today was cold, and another reason to hike fast was that the sky looked like it could rain on us any minute. When we got to Paradise Cafe for our burgers, it started to rain and I realized our tent flaps weren't zipped. So I got a ride back from Boomer (thru '10) who happened to be at our campsite and ran back to the tent to close it up. Nothing got too wet. I would have been able to call Mom if that hadn't happened. Sigh.
Rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment