Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23

Start: San andreas fault
End: Guffy campground
Daily: 17.5
Total: 364.5

Cold again. Ugh, today was all up. Up up up all the time. I'm amazed at our legs. They've gone 98 miles in 5 days. And today we give them over 5000 feet of elevation. 

Were back in the mountains, near Mt. Baldy. It's really pretty and steeeeep. Although most of today we were socked in. I feel like part of the reason today felt so long is that all we had to look at for most of the day was clouds, and the occasional eerie flock of ravens floating through the mist. We did break out of the clouds as we got higher, but they found us up here at the campground. The wind found us too, which makes having a fire difficult. The embers were flying all over the place and making us nervous, so we put it out. 

The mental part of this trip started to get to me today. Nothing to look at but shrubs and white...  I was really wishing for an iPod. But even if I got one it wouldn't have any music on it. Meh.

Anyway, a nero in Wrightwood tomorrow. I'll be glad for the break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment