Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 11

End: buggy campsite on a ridge
Daily: 26.7
Total: 2267.8

I can't believe it's been ten years since I heard my freshman biology teacher say we were going to watch the news all class long because two buildings had been blown up in New York and many, many people had died.

Today was tired day. We think it's cuz we had 3 beers yesterday, which is silly. 3 beers shouldn't affect us this much. Oh well. All we know is that we thought today would be a 30, but I was done at 25.

Crossed by Mount Adams today. Neither of us have spent much time looking at it from this side. What a pretty mountain, and the area around it is pretty too. All the wildflowers are in bloom, and the creeks are running full. And Adams is looking down on it all.

We had to get our feet wet to get across Mt. Adams Creek today. First time for like 1000 miles. I had forgotten that the worst part about it is the cold.

What else? Oh, the weather is incredible. I wouldn't mind a little cooler, but we will gladly take the heat over weeks of rain and being socked in. Finally this year the weather is having pity on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment