Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 8

End: wind river road
Daily: 27.2
Total: 2188.3

Climbing climbing climbing. We just spent the day climbing out of the gorge. We were mostly in trees, too, so there weren't many views. I was happy to have found another interesting album on my iPod, which I listened to twice.

It was really, really, incredibly hot. Like 95 all day. Boots, Pepe, Bubs, Chilidog and I are all really cautious not to complain about the heat because it's September and we're in Washington and it could be so much worse. We would so rather it be hot than rainy and then snowy. So instead of complaining we just jump in every creek we can find.

Chilidog and I rushed a little to get to the Wind River Road to meet our friend Wayne (aka Bloodbath), who is already done with the trail. He was the fourth, but he started later than anyone who beat him to the border. Now he's going to be going to Ethiopia with the Peace Corps for 2 1/2 years. Which is weird, because since Wayne was my trail crew leader/housemate in 2009, I don't think I've done many adventures when he wasn't there. He even went on most of Chilidog and my first dates. :-P 

Anyway, he and Megan picked us up and took us into Stevenson for the evening, where we had pizza and beer at Walking Man brewery. It was so good to see Wayne again. And really sad to see him go after they dropped us back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment