Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 2

End: spring after pinhead buttes
Daily: 31.6
Total: 2071.4
Jefferson 
Hood!!

As we were rolling out of camp this morning, Zm and Goodness came up and said they had a surprise for us. Then Pepe Lopez came around then corner! So awesome to see him! We haven't seen him since he left Mammoth to get some miles in before taking off for his sister's wedding. He had tons of great stories about the rest of the time he hiked and tons of info about who was behind us.

Anyway, I found a great song on my iPod to get me through the hard parts of today. Gone in the Morning by Newton Faulkner. So funny and such a great walking beat. So that and the rest of his cd made up the soundtrack for today.

At lunch at the picnic area at Ollalie Lake we ran into some section hikers who had just finished and were getting picked up by relatives, who had brought a crockpot of pot roast!!! So we had some of that for lunch, hung out with Murphy and Dumptruck as well as another couple, Sweep and Trip. Hooray! And thanks for the beer, Trip.

Then came the long slog to camp. We were really tired by the time we got here.

Oh! We passed into the Mt. Hood National Forest this morning, simultaneously getting our first view of Hood, Adams and St. Helens. That was when I got really excited to be here! We're home (at least one of them) - we've climbed all three of those mountains together (Adams was our first date), we spent tons of time at the MAC just south of Adams, I worked at Hood, and Chris worked at Helens. So good to be here again!

1 comment:

  1. Always good to feel at Home sweet Home! Those mountains must be awesome! Sorry to hear about all those mosquitoes--and I complain about 5 bites I get when pulling my weeds in my flower garden! Appreciate your almost daily updates. Sorry to say I was a little behind-always great to catch up with you on your journey. Take care-Nylene

    ReplyDelete