Friday, September 30, 2011

September 25 - Suiattle Bridge

End: side of the trail flat spot
Poo I forgot to write it down last night.
New Suiattle Bridge


Today was not my favorite day on the trail. But I suppose it could have been worse. The torrential downpour could have happened at the same time as the 8 miles of uphill. Thankfully it waited til about 2:30.

The rest of the new route was okay. We made it to the bridge, which was crazy long and changed direction slightly a quarter of the way in. Must have been really hard to engineer. after that, the trail adopted an old trail, which unfortunately climbed, then descended to the old PCT. All in all, it was probably about 4 miles longer than the old trail. Oh well.

Then we climbed forever, then it got cold, then it rained. Then my fingers stopped moving for me. They're slowly getting better, as I sit in this tent. Freaked me out.

The trail was REALLY brushy after it started raining. Ugh. Wet brush is worse than rain.

We ran into Mowgli again! She took some time off at Stevens Pass, so we caught her. Hooray!

Stehekin tomorrow. Bakery bakery bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment