Friday, August 19, 2011

August 13

End: camp "near a creeklet"
Daily: 13.5
Total: 1620
Truffula Trees!

Got breakfast at Bob's Ranch House after a bad night of sleep. Too many snorers and the knowledge that every time I moved I'd bother Boots (and vice versa), who was in the bunk above, meant that it took a long time to fall asleep.

We sat around relaxing until we decided we really needed to get going, put our packs on and I was barely across the street with my thumb out when a truck pulled over. She was a really nice bass guitarist who was playing in Sawyer's Bar, the tiny town on the other side of the hill. There's a benefit dance going on at the grange over there. I wish we could go!

Then we got up to the trail and I told Chris to meet me 10 miles up. I wanted to hike alone.

Hiking alone really helped my mood. I stopped a lot to enjoy the view in silence. I journaled (as opposed to blogging) which also really helped clear my thoughts.

I twisted my ankle pretty badly on that 10 mile stretch. This happens like five times a day, but I've always had Chris behind me. It always gets better, so I didn't worry, and it got better.

Anyway, now we're in a sweet little campsite with a velvet buck that is way too friendly (still in velvet?). Chris packed out a can of stew because he's crazy, so we had potatos and stew for dinner. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment