Friday, August 19, 2011

August 14

End: campsites near unpaved road
Daily: 24.7
Total: 1644.7
OMG snow what are we gonna doooo?


We moved so slow today! I don't know why, but the uphills were really draining. There were a lot of them and they were really steep, but they cost more energy than normal for both of us.

I think probably my most used word in this blog is "gorgeous," but that's what today was too. We were in the Marble Mountain wilderness today and everything was so lush and green, with water everywhere and the Marble Mountains above it all.

Marble Mountain itself was crazy looking. It's this giant white rock thousands of feet high. I guess it's just a mountain, but the whiteness of the rock was just really different.

We heard something crazy in the valley. It sounded the first time like a dog getting in a fight way below us, then like a sick coyote howling. I think it actually was a coyote, but it was at like 10:30 am and alone. I kind of wonder if it was rabid.

Marble Mountains and wildflower fields!
Seiad Valley tomorrow, then Oregon soon!

1 comment: