Friday, August 19, 2011

August 17 - CA/OR Border

End: campsite surrounded by down trees. hurrah.
Daily: 26.3
Total: 1720.5 <-- sometimes it hits me that THAT IS HOW FAR I'VE WALKED THIS SUMMER.
Donomore Meadows

Hooray!

It took forever to get here, but we're finally in Oregon! Seriously, even this morning I felt like it took forever. That's partially because in Donomore Meadows (good name for the last think you cross before getting out of California), we found an old rundown cabin with a fire still going outside of it and nobody there. So we put out the fire and explored a bit. Just an old hunting cabin with empty bottles of booze and mouse-chewed mattresses.

Anyway, then the Oregon border and a couple of hills before we hit Day Hiker Land. This seems like such a random place for so many day hikers, but I guess there are roads everywhere so we should have expected it.

I'm running really low on snacks, so I was trying to conserve when some day hikers told us there was a cooler of sodas coming up, and gave us a fiber bar. Then another couple of hikers gave us a Clif Bar. All without us asking.

Anyway, now it's like 8:15 and time for sleep. Oh, Chris did end up getting poison oak this time. It's not too bad, and hopefully it doesn't worsen. I'm not surprised. I know I have the oils on my pants and legs. It was unavoidable this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment