Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 20

End: near hyatt lake resort
Daily: 22.2
Total: 1750.4

I got to walk with my new iPod today! There's so much music on here that I love and that I've never heard. Now that my battery is more than a third dead and we've still got three days out I guess I'll have to be more careful with the battery. 

Anyway, today was pretty uneventful except that literally seconds after I put my headphones on for the very first time I saw the biggest rattlesnake I have ever seen slithering slowly into the bushes. Chris didn't hear it rattle so I felt better. But it still freaked me out. We haven't seen a single rattler in over 1000 miles and NOW one shows up. 

I forgot to say how nice it was to get so much stuff from our parents in the mail. Chris's mom sent dried veggies, puppy chow (chocolate chex mixy stuff - we don't eat dog food) and two loaves of bread. My mom sent our maps and more baked goods. They also both sent us money! Thanks, both of you! We really, really appreciate it. With that money, we really had a hard time getting out of town. It was hard to remind ourselves that staying an extra night meant we would have to move faster later. 

There weren't any (cheaper) tickets left for plays so we saw the newish Woody Allen movie, Midnight in Paris. We told the guy at the front desk we had been in the woods for four months so what movie should we see? He laughed like it was a joke, realized we weren't joking, and looked at us like we were unpredictable wild animals that might pounce at any moment or perhaps start doing cartwheels in the lobby.

Anyway, we'd recommend the movie wholeheartedly. 

We'll definitely be coming back to Ashland. I would love to live here. There's even a university!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Chris and Hillary, this will probably be my only post as i have alot of catching up to do. tip of the hat to you 2
    mark from st louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark! Good to hear from you! I'm sorry we didn't get the blog info to you sooner. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete