Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 29 - Bend

End: McKenzie Pass
Daily: 16.5
Total: 1989.5

We weren't too tired today but we just couldn't move that fast. The morning was beautiful hiking in meadows and near creeks. We walked through an area where all the pebbles and rocks around were black obsidian, then past Obsidian Falls, which was pretty cool. There was a beer cache up there! One Coors Lite for the trail while swatting the mozzies and we were off.

Later in the day we got into some lava. I think Chris's exact word were "But it was so pretty, why did it have to turn into Mordor?" Lava is my favorite. These are the times that I wish there wa a font for sarcasm. No, lava is actually pretty cool looking, it just sucks to walk on.

We were about 3/4 of a mile from the road when we saw Kevin walking up the lava trail in a white shirt and sandals. Hooray! He had his roommate's crazy dog Digby with him. Digby is a 1.5 year old Doberman that is the biggest idiot I've ever met. Everyone agrees he's just dumb, and he's got so much dumb energy that he's really entertaining to watch.

Another friend, Robbie, is also in town! He came down to do some mountain biking and Han out with us. He brought his dog, Zaia, who is the sweetest dog ever. I missed both of them!

Anyway, we hung out at a couple of the breweries before comin home and playing Scattergories. Good times were had by all.

UPDATE: I'm not able to get my card reader to work on Kevin's computer, so unfortunately I think pictures will have to wait til Hood River. Sorry!





No comments:

Post a Comment